Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin Patch Mice

I found this adorable pin on Pinterest of mice made out of shapes. I knew a math explorations was coming up with shapes so I could incorporate it into the curriculum. They turned out so well I wanted to use them on my bulletin board. So I incorporated a writing aspect. I gave the students the writing prompt "A mouse was walking in a pumpkin patch at night and saw...". They did a great job incorporating seasonal words in their stories!


















Thankfully my assistant cut out almost all the shapes for them and they just arranged the mom the page and glued them down. They had to cut their own arms, legs, and tails. It was great for me to see if any students had spacial issues.

Today we had conferences and I am ready for the weekend (and a beverage!) Have a good one everyone!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment