Saturday, October 8, 2011

Christopher Columbus

This year I really wanted to make Christopher Columbus day more fun and interesting. After showing a Brain Pop Jr. (one of the most wonderful resources I use!) we brainstormed key facts on the white board. I made sure to stress that Christopher Columbus did not discover America; he really found a route from the Old World to the New World. I drew a ship and photocopied it so each child had their own. I also had a big, paper ship up on the bulletin board for inspiration. They wrote any 3 facts on the sails and colored the background. Turned out very cute! I will scan the original ship and see if I can figure out how to post it to be downloaded.










Saturday football is calling my name. Happy Columbus Day weekend, everyone!

-Libby
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I shared this activity with my 2nd grade team! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad, Amy! Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete